Themacforums.com provides information during the COVID-19 epidemic, What Countries in Europe are Open? the Europe and Schengen Associated Countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) provide information on travel and health defenses. The platform enables you to exercise your freedom to free movement while maintaining your safety and health. The information is regularly updated and available in 24 languages.
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, EUROPE members have decided on a revised coordinated approach to restricting free movement. This is now determined by the unique circumstances of travelers. Such as whether they have a valid ‘Europe Digital COVID Certificate’. The epidemiological state of the EUROPE region is depicted on the color-coded map.
In order to control the spread of COVID-19, most countries still have some travel restrictions in place
- Covid-19 travel restrictions for visitors have been lifted in Greece, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Lithuania, Sweden, Serbia, Slovenia, and Slovakia.
- Italy’s ‘state of emergency has been lifted, but travel restrictions have been prolonged until May 31.
- Except on public transportation, masks are no longer required in Spain and mainland Portugal.
- Visitors who have been vaccinated or who have recently recovered do not need to test to enter Cyprus.
- Unvaccinated people who have a negative PCR test can now come to Malta without being isolated.
Traveling from outside the Europe Union
Many non-Europe countries are currently subject to a temporary ban on non-essential travel to Europe. Europe has compiled a list of nations that should have these restrictions lifted. Every two weeks, this list is reviewed. It was last updated on January 17, 2022, and contains the following information:
- China (Subject to reciprocity confirmation)
- New Zealand Kuwait
- Qatar \Rwanda
- Saudi Arabia is a country in the Middle East.
- Korea, South
- Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Travel Restriction: What Countries in Europe are Open?
Travel restrictions in China’s special administrative regions should be gradually relaxed as well:
- Hong Kong
Travel restrictions for Taiwan should be gradually abolished under the category of entities and territorial authority. That are not recognized as states by at least one Europe Member State.
In this context, residents of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and the Vatican should be considered Europe residents.
As of March 1, 2022, Europe countries shall allow non-essential travel for people who have been vaccinated with Europe-approved or WHO-approved vaccines. As well as anyone who has recovered from COVID-19.